Sunday, May 15, 2011

Under the Sea...


I just finished my advanced diving course in Ko Tao.  Part of the course was learning to use an underwater camera, so here are a few of the pictures we took underwater.  Unfortunately, the dive site where we got to use the camera was the worst place for taking pictures out of all of the places we went to.  The water was pretty cloudy, and my favorite fish (the parrot fish) wasn't there.  It was still a fun time, though. 
This is a spotted grouper.  They're the ugliest fish out of all of them, but this is the only picture that came out well.
This is me underwater!  Unfortunately, the computer I'm on doesn't let me rotate the pictures for some reason, but you can just pretend that I was floating sideways.
This is right after we went down through a big tunnel in the coral and came out a hole in the bottom of the reef.  I found it really cool that there is a a foot-thick layer of little fish that just hang out next to the coral.
This is me and Milley in the cloudy water.  I'm on the left.
This is Emily coming out the bottom of the coral tunnel.
These are some of the schools of fish hanging around the reef.  That's a lot of fish, right?  They're everywhere.  It's really fun to swim into them - they all move away and leave you a nice hole to swim through.



This is our group right after we got out of the water and back onto our boat.  From left to right it's me, Milley, Lucas, Jake, and Emily.














 So, after the dive course, I left Ko Tao and went to another island called Ko Phagnan.  This is Jonna from Sweden - I met her in Ko Tao while I was diving, and she came with me to Ko Phagnan a few days ago.  In this picture, she's sitting on our beautiful pink motorbike that we rented to drive around the island.
This is Jonna reading a book at the top of a waterfall that we found.  It was a really nice and relaxing day.  We started the day with all these ambitious plans to drive around the whole island, but in the end we just stayed at this waterfall.  I don't regret it at all.
So, I thought I should post a picture of myself when I'm not in scuba diving gear.  This is me in Ko Phagnan with Bob Marley.  I think that everyone should have 7-foot Bob Marley statues outside their house.


Now I'll be in Ko Phagnan for the next few days, and then I'll start heading north toward Chiang Mai.  There's a big thing happening in Ko Phagnan on the 18th called the Full Moon Party.  It's a party on the beach where everyone wears fluorescent clothes and glowing paint and people put on fire shows and such.  It sounds pretty silly, but I'm excited to see what it's all about.

2 comments:

Travis said...

Congrats on finishing A-OW. Now you'll be ready to go back and dive Boston -- and FREEZE. LOL.

Diana said...

dude! you are TAN! thats nuts :)

Post a Comment