Sunday, January 16, 2011

THE PLAN


Basically, this is my plan:

















And below is another (über detailed) version of the plan.  If I disappear, you know exactly where I should be, so please come save me.  Thanks much.
(Also note that you can use the map at the top of this page to see where I am!  I'll be updating it as I go.)


WISCONSIN
now - Jan 22 : Change my mind a few more times about where I want to go, pack like crazy, worry that I haven't thought this through enough and that I'm surely going to die
Jan 22 : OMG GET EXCITED AND GET ON A PLANE TO NEPAL!

NEPAL
Jan 24 - March 4 : Volunteer teaching English to children and monks in Chitwan through RCDP
March 5 - 6 : Jump off the highest canyon swing in the world at The Last Resort
March 7 - 9 : Kathmandu
March 10 - April 10 : Annapurna circuit / Annapurna sanctuary teahouse trek
extra time : Pokhara

MALAYSIA
April 11 - 13 : Kuala Lumpur
April 14 - 15 : Firefly Park in Kuala Selangor / Kampung Kuantan
April 16 - 18 : Ipoh, Cameron Highlands (hiking, strawberries, butterflies, and tea!)

THAILAND
April 19 - 21 : Trang, sea kayak to Tham Chao Mai
April 22 - 26 : Yoga on the Rocks at Ko Yao Noi
April 27 - 30 : Relax/climb at the beaches/islands around Krabi
May 1 - 11 : Diving at Ko Tao
May 12 - 15 : Travel to Chiang Mai, stopping at Kanchanaburi waterfall and Sukothai ruins
May 16 - 27 : Chiang Mai, Sunshine Thai Massage course (or farming through WWOOF)
May 28 - June 4 : Chiang Rai and northern Thailand

LAOS
June 5 - 6 : Enter at Huay Xai / Chiang Khong, take a boat down the Mekong River
June 7 - 8 : Luang Prabang, wat Xiengthong, Pak Ou caves
June 9 : Mysterious Plain of Jars
June 10 - 11 : Vang Vieng
June 12 : Vientaine
June 13 : Fly from Bangkok to Oslo

NORWAY
June 13 - July 20 : Work on organic farms through WWOOF.  The current plan is helping to build a boat for a tribe of sea gypsies and then farming strawberries in the far north (rumored to be the sweetest in the world due to the 24 hrs of sunlight).

LITHUANIA
July 22 - August 19 : take classes at Klaipeda University
August 20 - ? : visit family


... and after that is graduate school.  6 years of science.  Yup.

Before I set off on my trip, I hope you all understand how much I sincerely love and appreciate every one of you.  I've found that, even in the planning stages, this kind of trip requires a lot of courage.  I'm blessed to have more supportive friends and family members than I deserve.  Most of you probably didn't even know I was planning a ridiculous trip, but (secretly) your love and friendship is what motivates me to do this.

I'll update this blog as often as possible during my trip.  I hope that you enjoy reading it (maybe even enough to come join me!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Testing

Post a Comment