Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Packing

Peach (shown left - isn't she cute?) just asked me what kind of things I plan to pack for this trip.  So, I'm posting a picture and a long list of all the stuff that I am taking with me.  It all fits into my 70L backpack weighing around 30 pounds.  However, something to note: I don't plan on keeping all this stuff with me through the entire trip.  For example, when I go on the Annapurna trek I will leave a lot of this stuff in storage in Kathmandu.  Then, when I leave Nepal and arrive in Thailand, I will send most of my winter gear back home.  I've definitely thought a lot about what kind of gear I should bring, but I am always appreciative if people have suggestions for how I should change my packing list.





Non-clothes items (left to right):
  • Pile of books
    • Travel guides (will only take a couple and have mom send the rest to me as I need them)
    • Novel
    • Pocket dictionaries for Nepali and Thai
  • Plug adapters
  • Headlamp
  • Water bottle
  • Travel pouch (goes under your clothes to hide your money and passport)
  • Padlocks (to lock things up at hostels)
  • Gaiters
  • Bag of toiletries and medications
    • Sunscreen
    • Insect repellant
    • Toothbrush, toothpaste
    • Hair brush, hair ties
    • Deodorant
    • Glasses, contacts, contact solution
    • Soap, shampoo, conditioner
    • Laundry detergent
    • Antibiotics
    • Altitude sickness pills
    • Allergy pills
    • Ibuprofen
    • Advil cold and sinus
    • Tylenol sleeping pills
    • Acidophilus dietary supplement
    • Antacid pills
    • Inhaler
    • Iodine water disinfecting pills
    • EmergenC (electrolyte powder for water)
    • Lotion
    • Hand sanitizer
    • Gauze pads
    • Moleskin
    • Bandaids
    • Medical tape
    • Antiseptic wipes
    • Antibiotic ointment
    • Ear plugs
    • Scissors
    • Camping Knife
    • Lighter
    • Matches
  • 2L Camelback
  • Yaktrax
  • Baseball cap
  • Hat
  • Sandals
  • Sunglasses
  • Jaw harp
  • Balaclava
  • Climbing shoes
  • Climbing harness
  • Computer
  • -15 degree sleeping bag
  • Gloves
  • Stove
  • Pot
  • Travel towl
  • Bandana
  • Thermos (not shown)
  • Hiking boots (not shown)
  • 70L backpack (not shown)

Clothes items (not shown):
  • Pants 
    • Jeans
    • Khaki outdoors pants
    • Comfy stretchy pants
    • Fleece pants
  • Shirts 
    • 3 Tank tops
    • 3 Short sleeve
    • 3 Long sleeve
  • Swimsuit
  • Socks 
    • Cotton
    • Wool
    • Heavy-duty bedtime socks
  • Underwear (2 week supply)
  • Jackets 
    • Fleece
    • Raincoat
    • Down puffy
    • That green jacket I always wear

0 comments:

Post a Comment